THEMA: Geeignetes Fahrzeug für den Kgalagadi im Spetember
08 Feb 2008 20:03 #60172
  • lutz
  • lutzs Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 1
  • lutz am 08 Feb 2008 20:03
  • lutzs Avatar
Hallo,

ich war letzen September auch mit einem X-trail in Nam und SA unterwegs. In NAM gab es nur ein Problem. Hatten in der Nähe vom Fischfluß eine Panne gefahren. Wir haben in ganz Keetmanshoop keinen Reifen bekommen. Man sagte uns das es die in NAM noch nicht so gibt. Windhoek oder Südafrika war die Alternative. Ich würde schon wegen der tlw. schlechten Straßen im Kgalagadi Tr. Park keinen PKW sondern eher den Nissan nehmen. Auch weil er höher ist.
Gruß Lutz
Letzte Änderung: 08 Feb 2008 20:04 von lutz.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
09 Feb 2008 19:24 #60251
  • afra
  • afras Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 102
  • afra am 09 Feb 2008 19:24
  • afras Avatar
Vielen Dank für die ausführlichen Antworten.
Der X-trail wird dann wohl das Fahrzeug unserer Wahl werden. Handschaltung ist kein Problem.
Noch 2 kleine Fragen: wie groß ist der Tankinhalt und wie sieht es mit dem Verbrauch aus?

Danke und schönes Wochenende..

afra
09 Feb 2008 20:16 #60256
  • walwol
  • walwols Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 48
  • walwol am 09 Feb 2008 20:16
  • walwols Avatar
Tankinhalt um die 65 Liter, Verbrauch um die 9 Ltr, je nach Fahrweise. In unserem Fall war die Reichweite überhaupt nie ein Problem. Ein voller Tank reicht rechnerisch immerhin für ca. 700 km, das ist mehr als eine Tagesstrecke. Es gilt einfach, ein vermerktes Augenmerk auf die Tankanzeige zu halten und bei sich bietenden Gelegenheiten nachzutanken. That`s all :)
Gruss Walter
10 Feb 2008 17:04 #60284
  • Duma
  • Dumas Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 6
  • Duma am 10 Feb 2008 17:04
  • Dumas Avatar
Hallo,
bis zum September vergeht ja noch einige Zeit. Trotzdem habe ich gerade einen aktuellen Straßenbericht aus dem KTP entdeckt.

Roads in the park

All the roads in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park are either sand or gravel roads. The condition of these roads varies between excellent and abysmal. Due to speeding, back wheels of 2x4 cars skidding and too high tyre pressure the roads can become very corrugated. When the road gets too corrugated it is graded making it a smooth flat surface again. Due to the grading the roads can become very 'U' shaped. The Nossob road from Twee Rivieren to Nossob in some places is extremely 'U' shaped making game viewing from a normal sedan car impossible. The road running to Mata Mata from Twee Rivieren does not suffer from this phenomenon but it can be very corrugated. The roads through the dunes linking the Nossob and Aoab riverbeds can also be very corrugated and in some points they suffer from damage done by whistling rats so be careful when you drive that road.
All the roads in the park are gravel roads and they can be tricky if you drive too fast. It's remarkebly easy to roll your vehicle on one of these roads so please don't speed. The maximum speed in the Kgalagadi is 50km/h for tourists and 70km/h for staff.

Update January 2008

Most roads in the park are badly corrugated at the moment. Going to the park in a 2x4 is not advisable. I drove around in a Toyota Corolla Verso and lost two hubcabs, my handbrake stopped functioning and a screw fell out of my dashboard due to the violent vibrations caused bij the corrugation. The Verso suspension does not really work very well on badly corrugated roads making the drive a hard one. This is even so with the tires deflated to 1.6 bar. I found an abandoned Chevrolet at Dikbaardskolk with a broken rear suspension, I guess that the suspension broke because of the extreme corrugation. 4x4 drivers were also complaining about the corrugation and many people had experienced damage to vehicles due to the bad roads. Losing license plates due to the vibrations caused by the corrugation was a fairly common problem, I took off my plates as a precaution.

Schöne Grüße

Jürgen
  • Seite: