THEMA: Fragen zum zaunfreien Campen im KTP
12 Apr 2018 10:15 #518369
  • Rangu
  • Rangus Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 555
  • Rangu am 12 Apr 2018 10:15
  • Rangus Avatar
@Panther
Topp, vielen Dank für die ausführliche Auskunft - das deckt sich auch viel mehr mit meinen Erwartungen und bisherigen Erfahrungen. Ich dachte schon, ich bin verrückt. Klar, Ausnahmesituationen gibt es zuhauf und man sollte immer mitdenken, aber wenn der Genuss vor lauter krampfhaftem Vorbereiten und Notfallausrüsten auf der Strecke bleibt, kann man ja gleich zuhause bleiben.
Do no harm, but take no shit.
1996: Maasai Mara * 2012: Etosha * 2015: Kruger * 2018: KTP * 2019: Namibia Rundreise * 2021 Uganda Rundreise
Reisebericht KTP 2018 - Biltong for Breakfast
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
12 Apr 2018 10:23 #518370
  • lilytrotter
  • lilytrotters Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 4518
  • lilytrotter am 12 Apr 2018 10:23
  • lilytrotters Avatar
Meine Anmerkung war durchaus hilfreich, denn Tipps für „Bodenzeltschläfer“ haben für „Dachzeltschläfer“ nur geringe Relevanz.
Es ist ziemlich egal, ob die erwähnten Tipps ernst gemeint sind, es wird viel geredet, - entscheidend ist das, was du selber eigentlich zu tun gedenkst – und davon hast du NICHTS geschrieben. Du hast ja Erfahrung.
Gruß lilytrotter

Always look on the bright side of life... :-)
Walvisbay boomt
Letzte Änderung: 12 Apr 2018 11:14 von lilytrotter.
12 Apr 2018 10:24 #518371
  • Rangu
  • Rangus Avatar
  • Rangus Avatar
Trotzdem will ich Euch folgende Geschichte nicht vorenthalten (zur reinen Unterhaltung :evil: ). Die hat mir ein Naturfotograf erzählt, den ich im KTP-Forum kennenlernt habe.

Lion Encounter at Rooiputs Campin the Kgalagadi
About 1:30 am I awoke to the sounds of Hyenas in the distance, although clearly it was not this sound that had woken me. Very quickly I hear the distinct sound of the male lions "cough", very close to my tent. My 2 mates who had joined me had also woken and had called to me that there were lions outside to which I whispered to them to keep silent. One of the guys , my mates cousin was on his first trip to a game park and was his first night. He had never even pitched a tent before...
Soon I felt tugging and pulling on my tent. I was uncertain of what was going on and then realised that it was probably cubs that were being nosey. but then they got a little too nosey and were chewing on the ropes of my tent, severing it and causing it to collapse a good section of the tent, then they were tugging on the air mattress as the bulge was sticking through the tent.. a very frightening thought so early in the morning and in pitch darkness. I remember my heart was racing and my mouth was dry and I could barely breathe.
after a while I noticed the cubs were chewing on the zips and heard one of them give way, this being the cover of the tent, as well they were having a right good time with other apparel that we had at camp... I had a small tear in the fabric of the fly screen, maybe 10cm vertically, and when I could see that the cubs were finding some interesting to have a look at through the rip I was scared they would rip it further so I kept flashing my flashlight at them though this gap.. this seemed to scare them off and they disappeared. However I think the disturbance got the interest of the large male and he came to have a look, pushing at least half of his head into the tent through the rip making it now over half a meter. I took my flashlight and was going to shine it on and off in his eye to try and blind him a bit, but at the time actually hit him on the face just above the eye. after that he left me to some small amount of peace.
About 10 minutes or so passed and I called to my mate in the tent next to me to see if they had all left and he said that there was still a male laying not far from my tent. Not having heard anything in 5 minutes I asked again, to which he said the same thing. Thinking he may be having a laugh with me I had a look out the tent and the coast looked clear. I climbed out and shone the torch around, not realising that in fact his tent faced the opposite direction to mine, and true as bob there about 2m from where I was standing was the male lion having a sit down just staring at me. I did not even think and just made a dash for the vehicle which was parked just off the other side of camp. I then started the engine and drove around to the tents where the male was, he got up and walked off. I then took a quick drive around Rooiputs with the spotlight and saw a group of cubs about the size of a border collie and a group of females and another male, about 12 or so in total based on the number of eye reflections at the time.
After that I got my mates and we drove to have a look but only the one male was still about and one of the cubs in the long grass.
The next day we checked out of Rooiputs in fear of another 2 nights that we had booked. However our fear slowly left us a few days later and we spent our last 2 nights of the Kgalagadi back at Rooiputs, although I did sleep in the car as I felt that having a half meter rip in the door of my tent was just not a grand idea for Rooiputs.
The first morning of our stay back we actually saw the pride on the horizon at sunrise and managed to get some magical photographs and also had the big male that I believe visited me sitting just a few meters from us in the long grass just half a kilometre for camp.
Hope you enjoyed my story, if sounds like a lot of fun, but I can tell you I would never wish to go through this again. But in a way glad I did.

Danach gab es eine rege Diskussionen unter einigen Forumsmitgliedern, ob der bevorstehende KTP-Urlaub nicht doch lieber abgesagt werden sollte. :whistle: :)
1996: Maasai Mara * 2012: Etosha * 2015: Kruger * 2018: KTP * 2019: Namibia Rundreise * 2021 Uganda Rundreise
12 Apr 2018 10:34 #518372
  • beate
  • beates Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 481
  • beate am 12 Apr 2018 10:34
  • beates Avatar
Hallo Rangu,
eine persönlich erlebte Story:
In der Serengeti, Lobo CG. Wir sassen im Dunkeln draussen, mit dem Rücken zum Auto, kein Licht, wir genossen die Dunkelheit.
Bevor wir uns dann ins Dachzelt verzogen, machten wir eine starke Taschenlampe an um die Umgebung zu scannen. Und genau in diesem Augenblick läuft ca. 5-7 Meter von uns entfernt ein männlicher Löwe vorbei. Der liess sich durch die Taschenlampe oder durch uns überhaupt nicht stören, schaute nicht einmal zu uns herüber. Wenn wir die Taschenlampe nicht angemacht hätten (oder nur ein Licht auf dem Tisch vor uns gehabt hätten), dann hätten wir den Löwen gar nicht bemerkt.

Andere Geschichte, auch auf dem Lobo CG: Dort ist ja eine Büffelherde der Nachbar. Und nachts gefällt es denen am Campingplatz besser als auf der Wiese nebenan. Kein Problem, aber wenn dann die "Jugend" anfängt, direkt neben dem Auto mit Dachzelt Ihre Kämpfe auszutragen!!! Das macht mehr Angst als jeder Löwe. Die Büffel gehen rückwärts und rennen dann mit voller Kraft aufeinander zu. Nur sie haben halt keine Rückfahrkamera! D.h. wenn sie beim rückwärtsgehen das Auto rammen dann hat man schlechte Karten.
Was haben wir gemacht: mit der Taschenlampe den Büffeln auf den Hintern geleuchtet. Das hat ihnen nicht gefallen uns so konnten wir sie mit dem Lichtstrahl langsam vertreiben.

LG
Beate
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Rangu, Logi
12 Apr 2018 11:11 #518374
  • Rangu
  • Rangus Avatar
  • Rangus Avatar
Hallo Beate,

irre Geschichten! :ohmy: Vielen Dank fürs Erzählen.

Da fragt man sich, wie oft im Busch etwas an einem gemütlich vorbei schlendert, ohne dass man es bemerkt...

Und dass Büffel im Rückwärtsgang ein großes Problem darstellen können, darauf wäre ich nie gekommen.

Daran sieht man: Wenn wirklich mal was schief läuft, ist es nie das, worauf man sich vor der Abreise in mühsamer Kleinstarbeit vorbereitet hat. Und: Man kommt fast immer irgendwie - mal mehr, mal weniger elegant - aus der Nummer raus. :silly:
  • Seite: