• Seite:
THEMA: sharing your experiences in English
26 Okt 2008 16:21 #80599
  • bibka
  • bibkas Avatar
  • bibka am 26 Okt 2008 16:21
  • bibkas Avatar
Hello!
I just found this terific forum and think that it will help us (my husband nad me) to plan the first visit to Namibia next year (March/April). The only problem is that everybody is speaking German :huh: what is a bit complicated for us. So, if there is somebody who is willing to share his experinces also in English I'l be glad to hear from him. :kiss:

Hope to hear from you soon, Bibka
Don\\'t hesitate, you can answer me in German language. I understand it.

Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
26 Okt 2008 17:05 #80601
  • engelstrompete
  • engelstrompetes Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 1260
  • engelstrompete am 26 Okt 2008 17:05
  • engelstrompetes Avatar
Hi Bibka,
nice to have you here. Just put in your questions, there are for sure some peaple here who will be able to answer your questions in englisch.
Good luck.
Cécile
"I never knew of a morning in africa when I woke up and was not happy". Ernest Hemingway
Reisebericht:2010 "Nach 4 Anläufen als Selbstfahrer in Namibia"
namibia-forum.ch/for...hrer-in-namibia.html
Reisebericht 2011 Eine neue Erfahrung....
www.namibia-forum.ch...eiseberichte/187663- eine-neue-erfahrung.html[/size]
2007 ,2008 ,2009 2mal ,2010,2011 Namibia Botswana.
2011 Shanghai, 2012 Florida Virgin islands Karibik.
2012 Namibia und KTP
2013 Das erste Mal Südafrika Kruger NP
2014 Kapstadt und Kruger NP
2015 Kruger National Park
2016 kruger National Park
2017 Kruger National Park
[/url]
2 KLICKS auf die "SONNE" und man liest den Reisebericht OHNE Kommentare !!!!!
26 Okt 2008 21:00 #80628
  • Jens_Dietzel
  • Jens_Dietzels Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 252
  • Jens_Dietzel am 26 Okt 2008 21:00
  • Jens_Dietzels Avatar
Hi Bibka,
only a few people in Namibia speak German. So there should be no problems to answer yor questions in English! Afrikaans would be more difficult for me:blush:
Regards
Jens
26 Okt 2008 21:04 #80632
  • Reise_Meike
  • Reise_Meikes Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 42
  • Reise_Meike am 26 Okt 2008 21:04
  • Reise_Meikes Avatar
Hi Bibka,

Should not be a problem to answer some questions.....just try! There will be for sure some people who will answer!

Looking forward,

Meike
27 Okt 2008 13:02 #80663
  • bibka
  • bibkas Avatar
  • bibka am 26 Okt 2008 16:21
  • bibkas Avatar
Hi!
First to say I'm glad and happy for all your quick reactions.

Like all \"first-time\" visitor to Namibia we are dealing with some basical decision problems:
- time of visiting: we are deciding between two possibities March/April or May/June. Both period are off-season but which is according to the weather and other conditions (i.e. rain, lenght of a daylight,night temperature, mosquitos :unsure:, etc...) better.

- staying at night: sleeping in the tent on the roof of some 4x4 car at camping places or taking the lodge variante. We do camping with a tent a lot but had never done it on this way (on the roof namely)- what should we take into account or care for? In this time of the year is it necessary to make reservation of camping places in advance; are all campings opened the whole year round; is it possible to make reservation during the tour (let's say 1-2 day before arriving)to be more flexible in doing the tour. Are there any problems if instead of 1 pre-reserved night of staying one would like to prolong for another day?

-malaria prevention: on the forum I didn't found your experience with prevention in a case somebody has heart problems

- organization of a tour: does anybody has any experience with namibian agency Sense of Africa (www.senseofafrica-namibia.com) or New African Frontiers (www.newafricanfrontiers.com). They have some quite interesting self-drive tour

- learning of driving 4X4 car: On internet I found that some agency recommend the learning of how to drive this sort of car before you start your self-drive tour (a sort of some hours of school). Any experience with that?

That will be all for now. Nice day to all!:cheer:

Bibka
Don\\'t hesitate, you can answer me in German language. I understand it.

27 Okt 2008 13:56 #80666
  • kobra2
  • kobra2s Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 15
  • kobra2 am 27 Okt 2008 13:56
  • kobra2s Avatar
Hello Bibka,

welcome to our \"international\" forum. Here, you´ll get all the information to make your trip unforgetable.
If I have the choice between the two traveling periods, I´d go in May/June. Its dry season, the day temperature ist around 25°C und there are only few mozzies around, except north of etosha and caprivi.. So you have to decide if it is necessary to take malaria prophylaxis. But it is essential to consult a doctor before when you have heart problems.
If you travel organized or individual depends on your preferences.
Maybe it is helpful for the others to put in here your planned itinerary in Namibia.

May you do wellB) B)
Regards

Uli
Das Leben wird nicht gemessen an der Zahl unserer Atemzüge, sondern an den Orten und Momenten, die uns den Atem rauben.
  • Seite: