THEMA: In Omaheke with a kid
02 Mär 2008 11:36 #61921
  • nani
  • nanis Avatar
  • nani am 02 Mär 2008 11:36
  • nanis Avatar
Hey there,

I have a couple of urgent questions and as it seems, I've found the right place to ask them.

I am travelling to Namibia (Omaheke, near Gobabis) this May. I will stay there for three months and I am going with my son, who will be about 18 months then. My main concern is the health of my child and all my questions are related to that. What are the main health risks there? Has anyone been there with a kid and how has it been? I am still not aware where we will be staying but I guess we'll keep it simple. I haven't been to the vaccination center yet but from what I could get from the net, I think he is too young for any addtional vaccines.

And a bit stupid question, but, how much do you normally need to survive there? Is food expensive and can you get most of the things we are used to here (e.g. yoghurt)?

Any other general advice is appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance! :kiss:
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
02 Mär 2008 13:29 #61928
  • Joerg
  • Joergs Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 479
  • Joerg am 02 Mär 2008 13:29
  • Joergs Avatar
Hi Nani!
Welcome in the germanspeaking Namibia forum.
Now we are becoming to an international forum...! :-)
In May is winter, so there will be no mosquito bothering you and your kid.
You do not need additional vaccinations.
Any water coming out of tabs is very good, no harm with food and you will get your Yoghurt in Gababis in the Supermarket.
You will get one of the world best Beef Meat in Namibia, especilally Gobabisdistrict is a cattle country.
What are you doing there for 3 months??
If you got more questions to ask, you are most welcome!!
Gruss

Joerg

Es gibt NIX, das es nedd gibt
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.