THEMA: Sam Mtukudzi dies in car accident
15 Mär 2010 18:38 #133518
  • silentwolf
  • silentwolfs Avatar
  • I´m Zimbo!
  • silentwolf am 15 Mär 2010 18:38
  • silentwolfs Avatar
Hallo,
hab´s gerade von Freunden aus Zimbabwe erfahren...

www.newzimbabwe.com/...m+Mtukudzi/NEWS.aspx
ZIMBABWE was plunged into mourning on Monday following the death of Oliver Mtukudzi’s son and recording artist, Sam.

Fellow musicians Zex Manatsa and Albert Nyathi led the tributes. Nyathi said he was “depressed” when he got the news, and Manatsa led his family to the funeral parlour where the 22-year-old’s body was taken following the 1.20AM crash.

A statement posted on Oliver Mtukudzi’s website (www.tukumusik.com) said Sam was a passenger in a Tata pick-up truck driven by his friend and sound engineer, Owen Chimhare, when the car veered off the road and crashed through the rails of a bridge and rested on the riverbank down below.

Sam and Chimhare, 24, suffered serious head injuries and were trapped in the wreck, eventually dying before paramedics arrived at the scene.

The pair were driving to Norton where they live, said Shepherd Mutamba, the Director of Information for Tuku Music Company.

Mtukudzi and his wife, Daisy, were in South Africa when they received news of their only son’s death.

Grief ... Black Spirits manager Sam Mataure (left) talks with the the Manatsa family outsidfe a
funeral parlour in Harare. Legendary singer Zex Manatsa is on the far right

Senzeni Na? Star Albert Nyathi told New Zimbabwe.com: “I got the news at 6AM, it's depressing. I can’t believe that Sam is gone, I saw a bright future in the young man.

“His peers embarked on ‘Urban Grooves’ but he chose mature Jazz and we thought he would take things higher than his father has done.”

Urban Grooves star Ngoni Kambarami said: “I can’t believe it, it’s like the death of Michael Jackson.

“Sam has gone too soon and will be sadly missed. I had an ambition to work with him in the future.”

Mtukudzi’s friend and yesteryear star Manatsa led his family on a visit to a private funeral parlour in Harare where Sam’s body was taken. The star fought back tears as he spoke to an equally emotional Sam Mataure, the Black Spirits’ drummer and manager.

Radio legend Ezra Tshisa Sibanda said: “It’s devastating to say the least. Sam was a rare talent, his death is not only a loss to the Mtukudzi family and friends but a great loss to Zimbabwe and music lovers all over.

Advertisement

“I’m really sad for his fans. The only comfort I take is that I was one of those blessed to have him as a friend and a brother. We should remember not just that he died, but that he lived. His life gave us memories too beautiful to forget.”

Zimbabweans from around the world paid their own tributes on internet chat-rooms and social networking sites.

Fans opened a number of groups on Facebook dedicated to the saxophone prodigy who released his debut album Rume Rimwe in 2008.

Fan Dickson Zenda wrote: “Sam u were töo young 2 die. why u my man? u were stil da gem in da making, but its god who has da final say, he saw it fit 2 take u. rest in peace sam vamutukudzi, chemai muine tariro mwari anechinangwa.”

UK-based music promoter Fungwa Mawarire, who took Sam on his first UK tour alongside his father in 2005, said on Facebook: “Usually when I am low, bereaved, in need of inspiration and encouragement, the least I do is to listen to Oliver Mtukudzi's ... Tuku always comes up with explanations.

“But today, the same Tuku is in my usual situation, what do I say to him over the loss of his one and only son Sam? I have searched my entire discography and the song I feel can bring comfort and solace to the Mtukudzi family is on his 57th album, Nhava - Track No 9 - Tiri Mubindu.”
Ich glaube, ich brauche hier auch eine zynisch besserwisserische Signatur! ;)
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
16 Mär 2010 11:14 #133587
  • DaktariSabine
  • DaktariSabines Avatar
  • DaktariSabine am 16 Mär 2010 11:14
  • DaktariSabines Avatar
Hi Thomas,

das ist wirklich schlimm, danke dass Du diesen Artikel zur Verfügung gestellt hast. Sehr traurig ... nicht nur weil wir Karten für sein Konzert in Würzburg im Mai haben, sondern besonders weil ein solches Talent und solch ein junger Mensch gestorben ist. Auch um seinen Begleiter ist es sehr traurig.

Nochmals danke für die Information,

Sabine
17 Mär 2010 09:37 #133723
  • silentwolf
  • silentwolfs Avatar
  • I´m Zimbo!
  • silentwolfs Avatar
Hallo Sabine,

ja, sehr traurig. Ich habe ihn letztes Jahr beim HIFA gesehen.

Die Nachricht hat mich wieder sehr an letztes Jahr erinnert. Als Susan Tsvangirai ums Leben kam. Und ich hab einen Mega Hass bekommen auf diejenigen, die das Land so zerstört haben. Es sterben einfach zu viele gute Leute auf Zimbabwes Straßen. Keine Woche vergeht in der nicht ein Reisebus von der Straße abkommt. Und alles nur weil kein Geld für Verkehrssicherheit und Gesundheitssystem vorhanden ist.

Wann schlachten die Leute endlich die Zanu/PF statt Elefanten?

Gruss
Thomas
17 Mär 2010 09:52 #133727
  • Tomcat
  • Tomcats Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 526
  • Tomcat am 17 Mär 2010 09:52
  • Tomcats Avatar
Hallo Thomas

...es sterben viele Leute auf der Strasse... aber hauptsächlich rafft Aids einen grossen Teil der Bevölkerung dahin...

Gruss Beat
17 Mär 2010 09:58 #133728
  • silentwolf
  • silentwolfs Avatar
  • I´m Zimbo!
  • silentwolfs Avatar
Tomcat schrieb:
Hallo Thomas

...es sterben viele Leute auf der Strasse... aber hauptsächlich rafft Aids einen grossen Teil der Bevölkerung dahin...

Gruss Beat

Ach, nee!

Thomas