THEMA: Tourist Brandberg/Umgebung vermisst!
26 Dez 2017 08:35 #502657
  • GinaChris
  • GinaChriss Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 9572
  • GinaChris am 26 Dez 2017 08:35
  • GinaChriss Avatar
Der amerikanische Tourist Mark Mokosso (37) wird seit über einer Woche vermisst.
Aus fb:
Informanté
20. Dezember um 15:42 ·
Family believes missing man will be found

Niel Terblanche
The search for the missing tourist in the area of the Klein Brandberg in the Uis area has led the police and members of the local community in the direction of the Brandberg more than ten kilometres away from where he was last seen.
According to Monica Areses, owner of the Brandberg Elephant Rock Camp about four kilometres away from where the abandoned rental car of the missing 37-year-old Mark Mokosso, a United States citizen was found, members of the Namibian Police’s Special Reserve Force have found his tracks in the vicinity of the Brandberg.
“The policemen found his tracks far away from where his car was parked. They found his tracks on the western side of the Brandberg. The Klein Brandberg is quite a distance to the east of where they found the latest set of tracks. They asked us to burn old car tyres during the day so that the man can see the smoke and maybe follow it back to the campsite. We also leave our lights on during the night for him to see and follow.”
She said the police told her that the tracks they found indicated that the man was lost and possibly in distress because they were very erratic. She said they don’t know if the man still has any water to drink. A large container of water along with other personal belongings and cash were found in his car after the search for the missing Mokosso began.
Monica said she initially reported the man as missing on Friday evening after two of her sons, Ocean Hangula and Wentzel Kanineb, told her that he white Ford Ranger have been standing next to the road for a long time. Hangula and Kanineb also helped with the initial search for Mokosso.
Mokosso’s brother, Roy Mokosso, said that his family in the Unites States believes that he is still alive and that he will return home soon.
“My brother is not married and has no children but he has a twin sister Marie. I am his older brother. The last time I saw him was on the 8th of December when I dropped him off at the airport when he went on holiday to Namibia. He loves Africa and nature and wanted to spend his time seeing as much of Namibia as he could. It was his dream vacation.”
Roy described his younger brother as being in exceptional physical shape, smart and intelligent. He said Mark served in the US Army for six years and held the rank of sergeant before leaving the service for a private sector job.
“Mark, his sister, our brother Will and I were born in Cameroon in my father’s tribal village. Our mother worked for the Peace Corps. We returned to the US when we were still young and both of us went on to serve in the US military.”
He said Mark is one of 17 children. Mark has brothers and sisters in Cameroon, Congo, South Africa, France, England, Germany and the US. He grew up in the same house with his twin sister Marie and older brothers Will and Roy. He said they are being kept up to date with the search efforts through the United States Embassy in Windhoek
“Our entire family would like to see Mark found alive. We have to believe he is still alive and that he will return home to us.”
Deputy Commissioner Erastus Iikuyu, Erongo Regional Crime Investigations Coordinator, said the search will continue until the missing man is found.
“People believe that we would give up after a certain number of days, but that is not the truth. We have good men on the ground over there. We will keep on searching until we find the missing man.”

ein weiterer Bericht aus fb:
Informanté hat 2 neue Fotos hinzugefügt.
12 Std. ·
Family of missing tourist visits President

Niel Terblanche
Siblings of the man that went missing more than a week ago in the area of the Klein Brandberg near Uis travelled to Namibia to help with the search for the brother.
The three siblings also paid a visit to the Namibian President, Dr. Hage Geingob, at State house in Swakopmund.
37-year-old Mark Mokosso was reported missing Friday a week ago after his car was found abandoned next to a rural gravel road in the vicinity of the Brandberg Elephant Rock Camp.
Roy Mokosso, the twin sister of Mark Mokosso, Marie Nutter, and their brother living in South Africa, Brilliant Mokosso, said Dr. Geingob gave them a briefing on the search for their brother Mark and shared a message of hope with them.
After the visit, Mark Mokosso said he still hopes to find his brother alive.
“I hope he figured out a way to stay alive and that we will be able to find him.”
Mokosso and his sister Marie travelled to Namibia and arrived in the country on 23 December. He said they will only be able to start their search along with the police after Christmas Day. They travelled to Uis from where they will help with the search.
Roy, Marie and Brilliant also met with the Erongo Regional Police Commander, investigators that were first on the scene and locals that last saw Mark.
“We also went out to the site where he was last seen, and hiked from where his journey that day began. We will be searching with the help of police tomorrow on Christmas day. Their commitment to helping find Mark is encouraging.”
Before travelling to Namibia, Marie Nutter started a Go Fund Me page and in the message she wrote: “For those of you who know me, I would rather crawl underneath a rock before asking for financial help. Well...this is one of those times where I'm setting that aside and asking anyone to help if you can. A little goes a long way. My twin brother Mark is still lost in Namibia, and we fear that with each day that goes by, we may be losing time where we can find him alive and well. My older brother Roy and I are planning to fly out this week to see what we can do there, instead of waiting at home for updates. If one of us were lost in a foreign country, Mark would be on a plane for us.”
She said the fund is to help with anything Mark- related from transportation, medical help needed when they find him, and any other scenario.
“If for some reason he is found before we are able to arrive there safely, any money donated not used will be given to a charity helping others finding missing loved ones.”
Roy said they have been very busy the past two days and they have had great support from the police who have been looking for his missing brother for more than a week.

Gruß Gina
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: matth, engelstrompete
29 Dez 2017 15:23 #502979
  • GinaChris
  • GinaChriss Avatar
  • GinaChriss Avatar
Update
Gruß Gina

Informanté
23 Std. ·
Family offers reward for finding missing brother

Niel Terblanche
The desperation of a family to find their brother, the 37-year-old Mark Mokosso, the man that disappeared without a trace at the Brandberg almost two weeks ago, compelled them to offer a reward of N$150 000 to anyone who can find him alive after the search sadly had to be officially called off.
Over the past twelve days the search covered 750 square kilometres in the desolate area just south of the Brandberg Mountain. Members of the Namibian Police’s Special Reserve Force, Special field Force, helicopter pilots and detectives along with many other volunteers, which included the siblings of the missing man, covered the search area by foot, vehicle and air. The search petered out because no fresh tracks or clues were founds since Monday last week.
Against all hope the search team covered large swathes of land for a second time in the hope of finding a clue as to what might have led to the Mokosso’s disappearance. On the last day of the search the possibility that the missing man might have been kidnapped or murdered was not excluded.
His older brother Roy said on Wednesday after the twelfth day of searching the police asked him where he wanted to look for his brother next.
“All possible options have been exhausted; every clue, track or theory has been explored. It doesn’t make sense to continue the search for Mark without any new information. The search has officially stopped for now, but the investigation remains open.
A reward will be offered for information leading to the recovery of Mark. People in the area genuinely care about finding Mark. We’ve made real connections with people here and we know that everyone from the Police to the local community wants to find Mark and figure out what happened. I could not keep up the physical search on the ground based on emotion.”
Roy further stated that he is convinced that the Namibian Government did everything in its power to find his brother. He, however, said that he will not give up on finding his brother.
“I would like offer a reward of N$150 000 to the person who finds him alive and N$50 000 for the recovery of my brother Mark’s mortal remains. I believe that the search for him should continue. Locals might be willing to look; tourists might be intrigued and if there is a criminal element involved then people who might kill someone for N$100 might have friends that will turn them in for the reward money.”
“If he was killed by an animal or succumbed to dehydration there would be a hat, a shoe, backpack or a body. There is no trace of him. A person just does not disappear without any trace.”
He said that he will return to Namibia to assist with any future searches if the need arises. Roy also said he will not rest until his brother is found or recovered.
Commissioner Andreas Nelumbo, Erongo Regional Commander of the Namibian Police, confirmed that the official search for the missing man has been called off. Any person that might have information on the disappearance of Mark Mokosso or that can help finding him alive or help with the recovery of his mortal remains is requested to call +264 81 776 7076.
The siblings of the missing man will now have to return home in the United States of America to bring the sad news to other family members who have been waiting on news as the search continued.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: engelstrompete
29 Dez 2017 17:04 #502984
  • Sasa
  • Sasas Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 2326
  • Sasa am 29 Dez 2017 17:04
  • Sasas Avatar
Gina, weißt du, ob der Mann mittlerweile gefunden wurde?
Viele Grüße
Sasa
Die Freiheit des Einzelnen endet da, wo seine Faust die Nase eines anderen trifft.
3 Generationen zum ersten Mal auf Pad, Namibia 2016:
www.namibia-forum.ch...a-erstlingstour.html
29 Dez 2017 17:25 #502988
  • GinaChris
  • GinaChriss Avatar
  • GinaChriss Avatar
Sasa schrieb:
Gina, weißt du, ob der Mann mittlerweile gefunden wurde?
Viele Grüße
Sasa

Hi Sasa,
der Artikel ist einen Tag alt: bis zu diesem Zeitpunkt wurde der vermisste Mann noch nicht gefunden.
Vielleicht gibt es ja morgen wieder ein Update?!
Gruß Gina
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Sasa
29 Dez 2017 20:56 #503002
  • mutsel
  • mutsels Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 215
  • mutsel am 29 Dez 2017 20:56
  • mutsels Avatar
Hi Sasa,
das erinnert mich an den seit Oktober 2005 verschollenen Manfred Günther.Er ist in den Fish River abgestiegen und nie wieder aufgetaucht. Es fanden sich auch keinerlei Spuren. Von aufgefressen bis abgesetzt ins Ausland,wurde alles vermutet. Und wenn mir das nicht entgangen ist,weiß man bis heute nicht,was damals passiert ist. Nur,um sich abzusetzen muß ich nicht erst in den Fish River absteigen. Oder hat jemand von euch je wieder etwas davon gehört.?
Grüße
Mutsel
29 Dez 2017 22:56 #503019
  • Rheinländerin
  • Rheinländerins Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 18
  • Rheinländerin am 29 Dez 2017 22:56
  • Rheinländerins Avatar
Hallo,
diese Geschichte hab ich 2005 hautnah miterlebt. Während ich mit meiner Familie in der Fishriver Lodge wohnte, lief die Suche nach dem Motorsportler aus dem Osten Deutschlands. Das ging uns damals sehr nah, und so habe ich lange Zeit danach immer wieder versucht, im Internet Neuigkeiten zu finden. Ohne Erfolg. Aber nun wollen wir hoffen, dass der junge Mann am Brandberg unbeschadet zurückkommt. Ich kenne die Gegend gut. Hoffentlich hat er sich nicht verirrt.
Viele Grüße von der Rheinländerin