THEMA: Ein paar Neuigkeiten aus Botswana
12 Sep 2009 19:49 #114874
  • Andreas Cierpka
  • Andreas Cierpkas Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 11
  • Andreas Cierpka am 12 Sep 2009 19:49
  • Andreas Cierpkas Avatar
The Nata - Kasane road is a mess, worse than expected in that the holes are wider and deeper and overall bigger than I had expected. There are contractors working on the road but they’ve now graded gravel over sections of the entire road with which sort of levels it out a little but in so doing it’s incredibly difficult to spot the potholes before you’re on top of them. It got a like hair raising at times with two lanes of trucks in the dirt of the left, me trying to stay in the left lane of the tar remains, more trucks on the right hand verge and others using all the road! In the end threading two wheels through the potholes rather than four allowed me to maintain +- 90km/h over the 150km of mess. I doubt cars would do much better than half that without doing serious damage to something.

- As I mentioned, Panda Rest Camp was pleasant with hot showers and cold beer and friendly owners. Touch of Africa lodge just up the road has closed it’s camp ground indefinitely. Rooms at either place are at a premium at the moment due to them being used on long term rentals to the contractors doing road works.

- Maun campsites…. Old Bridge has all but closed down it’s camping (site is reduced to the two reed enclosures and a small patch of grass in the communal area. All river frontage is now allocated to Safari Tents. Island Safari Lodge is still sad. There’s superficial improvement to the chalets but the campground is a dirty unkempt pit. No bins, no water points, no maintenance or cleaning and the newly built ablutions had no water! Sedia was OK.

- I was very cautious with following speed restrictions in Botswana and saw *many* police with cameras. Even the locals are talking about the high fines and how strict the guys are becoming.
Ein Gast bin ich im fremden Land geworden.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
13 Sep 2009 08:56 #114885
  • Rodrigo
  • Rodrigos Avatar
  • Dumela
  • Dank erhalten: 382
  • Rodrigo am 13 Sep 2009 08:56
  • Rodrigos Avatar
Ich könnte das Sprachenangebot erweitern. Omnia Latine scribere possim, si velitis.
Wolff-Rüdiger
Omnia vincit amor
14 Sep 2009 23:43 #115036
  • Carsten Möhle
  • Carsten Möhles Avatar
  • Dank erhalten: 853
  • Carsten Möhle am 14 Sep 2009 23:43
  • Carsten Möhles Avatar
Das Community Camp Dizhaana wird von Mankwe nicht mehr verwaltet, da die Community mehrfach Ihre Unfähigkeit bewiesen hat. Dizhaana kann also nicht mehr vorgebucht werden.

Geschwindigkeitskontrollen finden regelmäßig in Tshootsa auf dem Weg nach Ghanzi statt.

Auf dem Chobe Fluß fahren mittlerweile 3 Hausboote, die Buchungsengpäße in Kasane ein wenig auffangen.

Eine aktuelle .pdf Karte der Mabuasehube Campingplätze ist über Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt! Zur Anzeige muss JavaScript eingeschaltet sein! erhältlich.

Mit sonnigen Grüßen aus Windhoek
Carsten Möhle

und ein romantisches Webervogelnest inmitten der Kalahari auf dem Weg nach Ghanzi hat ebenfalls neu geöffnet
Anhang: